Smartlink Mobile Systems (Smartlink), a leading provider of chronic care management and mobile patient communication solutions based in Cary, NC, is looking for an individual to manage the product strategy for our cloud-based solution suite. This is a senior or director level of position that requires a deep understanding of the healthcare industry and extensive experience in healthcare IT. The Product Line Manager will be responsible for understanding the market opportunity and will guide our product strategy to ensure it is both tightly aligned with market needs and is highly differentiated. This includes enhancements to existing products, expanding into new products and/or markets, pricing, bundling, ROI, and go-to-market strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Listen & learn about the business and software requirements from our customers and prospects, through our own operational channels, and through independent research.
- Collaborate with customers, prospects, and our own internal teams to align and prioritize requirements with strategic and operational priorities.
- Identify new revenue opportunities – research and define the business problem, market segments, opportunity, competition, and differentiation .
- Develop pricing strategies to achieve revenue and profitability goals.
- Develop financial models and promotional/pricing programs that support sales strategies.
- Identify internal training and documentation needs for product(s) and market(s) and ensure effectiveness.
- Tie strategies to metrics; be accountable for progress or resolving shortfalls.
Knowledge, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Subject matter expertise in healthcare (for example, nursing, practice management) and experience with software development or implementation.
- Possess knowledge in the pharmacy industry.
- Excellence with speaking, listening and writing.
- Organized, detail- and task-oriented.
- Skill, insight and drive to determine what customers really need and want from what we’re told they need and want.
- Excellence facilitating group collaboration and consensus building.
- Evident drive and capacity to learn and master unfamiliar subject areas.
- Proven track record of market strategy development and implementation in a healthcare IT company.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Financial acumen, with experience in working with ROI and other financial analysis models
- Product management experience in a healthcare IT company is required.
- High level of initiative and independent, efficient workstyle.
- Intellectual curiosity; committed to learn and track the industry and market; and spot trends and opportunities to inform job and opportunities.
- Strong work ethic; ability to discern priorities in a demanding work environment, ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to develop and manage to a project plan, timeline and metrics.
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking and time management skill.
- Professional presence and confidence leading meetings and presenting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.