The Chief Financial Officer serves as an integral member of the Leadership Team. This is a dual role which will also include operational responsibilities. The Chief Financial Officer role is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the Company in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices.
In the operations role, the incumbent will provide leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures and people systems in place to effectively grow the company and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Responsibilities and Duties
Chief Financial Officer Role
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the company’s fiscal function and performance.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to develop company plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends.
- Enhance or develop policies and procedures that will improve the overall financial operation of the company.
- Develop financial strategies by forecasting capital and staff requirements.
- Establish positive relations with financial institutions and investors.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts in which the company may enter.
- Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, and maintaining professional networks.
- Provide day-to-day leadership guidance with the purpose of growing a self-sustaining company.
- Drive the company to achieve and surpass business goals and objectives.
- Establish internal and external processes and key performance indicators for the business and for their measurement and effectiveness.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team and staff to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of the company.
- Ensure the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures to meet operational and financial targets.
- Represent the company with clients, investors and business partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Financial planning and strategy
- Business and financial acumen
- Developing business plans
- Developing budgets
- Managing profitability
- Consultative skills and the ability to listen
- Strong negotiating ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Integrative team working style with the ability to influence and motivate
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships across multiple disciplines
Training and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- 8+ years financial management experience required
- 8+ years of experience leading a diverse group of support functions
- 2+ years of experience with a start-up preferred
- CPA credential a plus
- MBA a plus
Please email your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com and be sure to reference the position of interest in the subject line of the email.